Monday, October 6, 2008

Best Job Ever

Can I just tell you that I love my job? I get to do ultrasound on pregnant women. Every time I see these babies...I am amazed again at how fully formed they are.

I snagged this photo from a free photo search so I don't know how far along this little one is. I would guess somewhere around 12-14 weeks. Fully formed with fingers and toes and even permanent fingerprints.

Can you guess when baby's heart start beating? I have seen a beating heart on a 1 mm baby. We can see baby's heart beating on our ultrasound as early as 5 weeks and 1-3 days of pregnancy. That is 3 weeks and 1-3 days since conception. Those little hearts are already beating when most women are just finding out they are pregnant. A week or two since they miss their period.

I find life to be amazing and wonderful. I think about my son Joshua. Fearfully and wonderful made. Known by God while he was knitted together in my womb. Each new life is a gift and a wonder. For those who have lost a baby to miscarrage or abortion... My heart goes out to you. You are still a mom or Dad to a beautiful and wonderful perfectly created child. No one can take that from you.





11 comments:

Fred said...

The Black Box sends me here regularly so I thought I'd finally comment. I went back to the first few posts and have read most of them now.

God Bless Joshua.

tsduff said...

Thank you Sal, for your warm heart. Fred (above) is a cool guy - glad he made it here ;)

ADDY said...

Stumbled by accident onto your site and was so sorry to hear about the death of your son. Words cannot express what it must be like for you. I hope your faith bears you up.

... said...

i think being an ultrasound tech would be very cool.

i just spent a good amount of time reading some of your past posts, even going back to the beginning. my heart breaks for you and your family. joshua was a fine looking young man and i'm sure he had a promising future ahead of me. my sympathies on such a painful loss.

reading your words has caused me to reflect on my children and their lives. i never want to take them or the time i have with them for granted. we love our children as only parents can and take for granted their presence in our lives. i don't want to take them for granted. i want to celebrate each and every day that i have them. thank you and God bless.

Sally said...

Fred: I have stumbled on your blog many times recently via the black box. We must have similar choices. :)

Terry: Yeah! I am glad to see you commenting. The blog was sad without you hear to warm things up. :)

Rosiero: So glad you stopped by. I stopped by your blog and see that you also know adversity. Hang in there and hold onto faith. Sometimes it is all we have to hold onto.

Diana: Thank you for stopping by and your kind words. I like your blog. The name is happy and refreshing. And living in the light from the "Son" is the greatest :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this and for the kind words of encouragement for those of us who have lost a beloved child through abortion or miscarriage.
My child is in heaven, lovingly cared for by his grandmother and grandfather who went before me.
One of heaven's great moments for me will be my reunion with the dear child I aborted.
Love,
Jlo

Sally said...

Jlo: I can't wait to be reunited with those who have gone on before me. The topic of abortion can be very sensitive topic with anger and hatred quickly rising up on either side. Thank you for sharing about your little one.

Amanda said...

Thank you so much for stopping by! Thanks also for the compliment, of course I think my kids are cute too!! Enjoying your page, so many thoughts are consuming me of comments for you and your family but for now I'll just say God Bless and Praise Him through the storm!

nikkicrumpet said...

What a wonderful job you have! Getting to see a new life before everyone else does! Each one is precious..so very precious.

tsduff said...

Sally - the black box brought me here YAY! My blogroll is out of whack... Blogrolling got hacked by some nut so nobody on my list has a link that works. So here I arrive via the black box - how fun :)

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

I am sorry to read of Joshua's death.
I lost a precious girl @26wks pregnant and I can't begin to imagine losing a child I'd loved for 11 yrs plus.
I love what you wrote in the last paragraph.I am glad I stumbled across your blog.
I saw my one of my twin sons heart's beating at 5 weeks 6 days (after IVF conception) but not his twin at that stage.They are now almost 3.
I also saw my daughter 'still' in the womb and I will never forget it.
I can imagine the compassion you would show grieving parents.