Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day

What a amazing gift it is to be a mom. I have known the joy of bearing 4 beautiful children. My love for each of my children is deeper then I can fully understand. Below is a picture of me holding my first baby boy....My Joshua...my oldest. What happiness and joy. I had no idea that I would only get to raise him for 10 years. I consider each moment I spent with him a gift from God. My heart is broken with the pain of missing him. The separation is agony. And yet God chose to experience that same physical and emotional seperation from his dear Son so that we might be reunited with our loved ones for all eternity. I consider each moment spent with my living 3 precious children gifts from God. What a privalege it is to be a mom. Happy Mothers Day to all who love children and appreciate the amazing gift of life granted from our Creator.


"A wife who loses a husband is called a widow. A husband who loses a wife is called a widower. A child who loses his parents is called an orphan. But...there is no word for a parent who loses a child, that's how awful the loss is!" - Neugeboren 1976


2 comments:

tsduff said...

Sally - I grieved with you on Mother's Day. The picture you posted of little Joshua, and you his young parents was quietly sweet. Thank God that we don't know the way of life in front of us... such knowledge would be unbearable. Hugs to you and your children. Jeff too :)

Lissa Lane said...

Missing your sweet Joshua with you. I thought of you on Mother's Day and hoped you were well. I know how it is to miss a child on Mother's Day. *hugs* I love you Dear. God Bless