Monday, October 22, 2007

More fire pictures








James 1:2-4 and verse 12
My brothers and sisters, you will face all kinds of trouble. When you do, think of it as pure joy. Your faith will be put to the test. You know that when that happens it will produce in you the strength to continue. The strength to keep going must be allowed to finish its work. Then you will be all you should be. You will have everything you need.
Blessed is the man who keeps on going when times are hard. After he has come through them, he will receive a crown. The crown is life itself. God has promised it to those who love him.

So sad to see the church burning. I am hoping that Dad's house is ok.
The news never seems to tell you what you really want to know. I am so glad that everyone was able to get out of the church safely. I pray that God will bless each person affected by the fire and that they will grow in faith throughout this sad loss.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

WOW SAL! It is with a myriad of emotions that I look at these photos. Knowing that the building is just temporal, and watching with awe the fiery inferno, scarce believing that the church there can really have been consumed in a few hours of time. But the engulfing flames cannot quench all the memories that will always remain in the hearts of those whose lives have been touched there over the years.

tsduff said...

It is hard to imagine our church gone. So many memories... Mom teaching the twos and threes, Dad running over Tammy's foot on a rushed Sunday morning-getting-to-church... boy did she swear up a blue storm!... Ice cream socials with kids playing in the sandbox, weddings, funerals, friends and family, fellowship shannigans, drinking beer in the parkinglot (oops - forget that one) Calling George from Verle Riggle's office... Ooops - well, I DID make monetary amends for that!... missions meetings, Sunday School, choir, talent shows... wow, the list goes on and on. I'm glad for all of those memories... I'll always have them just as I do now.

Lissa Lane said...

This made me cry. My friend's house was destroyed in these fires